This should be interesting. It’s time again for the Royals Confidence Index (RCI)*. So far the Royals have taken us on a bit of a roller coaster ride including one big dive. There was a hot start, a significant fade, a nice recovery and a soul-crushing losing streak, followed by a return to .500ish play. So what has happened to our confidence? Last month’s RCI slid from around 7 all the way down to 6.43. Will it fall even further? Remember that the RCI is not simply how you feel about what has happened so far. It is about how you feel right now about the 2008 season (and beyond).
Here's the deal. For each of these questions, give me a number from 1-10. 1 means you feel very bad/unhappy/negative about the item in question right now. 10 means you feel extremely good/happy/positive about it. (If you want to use decimals like 6.5, feel free).
1. How do you feel about the 2008 Royals team overall?
2. How do you feel about the 2008 Royals pitching?
3. How do you feel about the 2008 Royals hitting?
4. How do you feel about the 2008 Royals defense?
5. How do you feel about Dayton Moore?
6. How do you feel about Trey Hillman?
7. How do you feel about the Royals minor league system?
8. How do you feel about the Royals future?
Bonus questions (these have no bearing on the RCI):
A. On what date would you like Joakim Soria to make his first start? (Please give a day, month and year...or Never)
B. What OPS will Mike Aviles have at season's end?
C. How many games do you think the Royals will win this year?
* The RCI is not a competition. It is only an exhibition. Please, no wagering.