I rarely get to see the Royals in person since I moved to Phoenix, so needless to say I was excited to go to Sunday's game. Just a couple quick interesting points from the game I thought I'd pass on:
- I was shocked at the fairly significant amount of Royals gear at the game. Granted, no one in Phoenix is actually from Phoenix. Still, as much suffering as we've had to go through as fans, I always find it amazing to see a concentration of Royals gear outside of KC.
- Gload hustled and caught a foul ball about 5 feet in front of me. He did not throw me the ball. I've added that to the list of Gload negatives. On the other hand, the guy next to me started calling him G-Load after that which I found absolutely hilarious. Go G-Load!
- Had a pretty good line of sight to right field so saw a lot of Teahen and Upton. Teahen hustles a heck of a lot more than Upton. I think you might say Teahen has some grit. Just an FYI. Teahen is also much bigger in person than you might think. The dude is big.
- Dejesus hit the ball really hard.
- Meche is actually kind of fast. I think the Royals should consider using him as a pinch runner. That adds value, right?
Just four more years away from the next Royals game in AZ!