A little less sixteen candles, a little more 'touch me.'
It's overflow thread time, mainly because I spent about half-an-hour learning how to use the bizarre and useless 'sarcasm font.' In the hopes of contributing something today, let me follow up on Will's earlier points:
- I've heard nothing about DDJ-to-the-Cubs rumors beyond the usual mlbtraderumors-level stuff. Here's hoping David sticks around, because we'd be taking a big step backward in CF if we lost him.
- Ken Rosenthal is a dork. More importantly, he's often factually inaccurate. Trust at your own risk.
- If Mahay can be traded for Jason Donald, then why would we go after Brandon Moss instead? Thoughts on this? If the Phillies are still in the fold, I'd go for their offer.
- The White Sox DID do something after all, the merit of which is debatable.
- Everybody loves Will Ohman. Therefore, everyone should love Ron Mahay. I can't wait until we get Matt Wieters for him.
- Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez is a Yankee. He's a good band-aid for the wound of losing Posada, but then there's the fact that it's really annoying that some people insist on calling him "Pudge." Nicknaming Ivan Rodriguez "Pudge" was like nicknaming Jake Plummer "Jake the Snake"...I'm not buying it.
- The Marlins-Pirates-Red Sox potential deal involving Manny Ramirez and Jason Bay and gosh knows who else is apparently close to dead, though the Jays are making noise too. Who knows why? Not me.
- We now have two and a half hours until the "moment of truth."
- Bud Selig is still a cretin, just in case anyone forgot that particular tidbit of information.
- The movie "Doomsday" is stupid and can't hold a candle to any of the movies it rips off.