A little after-season snack to tide you over for before the Central Division Championship.
Here is how truly bad the Royals were after the 18-11 jolt out of the gate:
1. They played an additional 133 games.
2. They lost 86 of those remaining games.
3. They won 47 of those remaining games.
4. They were 47-86 to finish the season, resulting in a roughly .350 winning percentage.
5. Spread out over the course of a year, a .35 winning percentage would be a 56-106 record.
Here is the amazing thing: it actually seemed a little bit worse than all of that.
The math here is only slightly deceiving.