The Mark Teahen Era, one marked by so many trade rumors and so much uncertainty about Teahen's role on the team at any given moment, may be heading towards a fitting end: nobody seems to know what is going on.
The Chicago Sun Times offers a straightforward report that the trade has been made, while the Kansas City Star and the Chicago Tribune are less certain. Other connected folks appear to be treating the trade as a done deal, citing the usual Royal paranoia and suggesting that all that we're seeing now is a last minute attempt to figure out who leaked this news. (Why this would be a bad thing isn't clear.)
The other piece here is the earlier rumors of a Red Sox trade, with which we began the day. This afternoon, the Red Sox acquired RF Jeremy Hermida, which you would think was probably not entirely unrelated to earlier talks.
- White Sox acquire Teahen from Royals :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Sports
- Reports of Royals trading Teahen to the White Sox appear to be premature - KansasCity.com
- Questions surround White Sox's acquisition of Teahen - Chicago Breaking Sports
- RosenBlog: Sox make a deal (maybe), Yanks make history, Cubs make the usual bad news
- Red Sox Acquire Jeremy Hermida: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com