We had plenty of Royals rumors yesterday, but nothing came to fruition. Seemed like mostly recycled stuff to me: random Meche rumors, a half-baked Royals-Bradley-Guillen whisper (too bad everyone knows Guillen absolutely is one of the worst players in the game) [yea, I went bold and italic on ya] as well as the sundry offerings that we've come to expect from the Moore Era, which means a host of perplexing small rumors that seemingly no other AL GM would be associated with.
I'm convinced no one knows what the Royals are doing from minute to minute because the Royals don't know what they're doing either.
I know much of what we see isn't true (or entirely true) but when you think of the well-run organizations in the game, be they saberized or not, you simply aren't hit with nonsensical rumors like we see with the Royals. There's so much dysfunctional thinking going on, that enough of it seeps down to the public.
- Crown Gems: Gil Meche and Other AL Central News | Kings of Kauffman | A Kansas City Royals Blog
- The Royal Tower: TRT's 2010 Prospect List - #20 and #21
- Monday grab-bag: Concussions, Royals' big spending, and the Hoch-Oden connection | Upon Further Review
- Rumor Recap - Day One
- Pirates Lose Luis Cruz, Sign Vinnie Chulk - Bucs Dugout
- Braden Looper hopes to pitch in Chicago - MLB Daily Dish
- Dollar Days: Adam Everett Returns to the Tigers | FanGraphs Baseball
- Pavano Accepts Arbitration | FanGraphs Baseball
- Nats perplex with Bruney deal - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN
- Washington Nationals Sign Pudge Rodriguez. - Federal Baseball
- San Diego Padres Top 20 Prospects for 2010 - Minor League Ball
- Top Prospects, part 2: The fringe position players - Let's Go Tribe!