Friends, it is time again to see how we feel about the 2009 Royals. I chose not to do this in January because I didn't want the voting to be too close to events like the Bloomquist signing or the Greinke extension. Hopefully the passing of a bit of time will give us some perspective. The RCI for December was 6.42. This offseason has had its up and its downs. So let's see how we feel about the 2009 Royals now.
Here's the deal. For each of these questions, give me a number from 1-10. 1 means you feel very bad/unhappy/negative about the item in question right now. 10 means you feel extremely good/happy/positive about it. (If you want to use decimals like 6.5, feel free).
1. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals team overall?
2. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals pitching?
3. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals hitting?
4. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals defense?
5. How do you feel about Dayton Moore?
6. How do you feel about Trey Hillman?
7. How do you feel about the Royals minor league system?
8. How do you feel about the Royals future?
Bonus questions (these have no bearing on the RCI):
A. Considering everything, how would you rate the free agent signing of Willie Bloomquist on a 1-10 scale?
B. Considering everything, how would you rate the contract extension of Zack Greinke on a 1-10 scale?
C. Which pitchers do you think will start the year in the Royals rotation? (pick 5)
Possibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
D. Which Royals player(s), if any, will have a breakout year in 2009 (defining that term in whatever way you define it)?
E(1). Who will be the next Royal player to sign a long-term contract? (2) When will this happen?
F. What is your best estimate of how many games the Royals will win in 2009?