And now, will you please join me in prayer. I think you know what I'm whispering to folded hands, don't you?
July 31, is probably my favorite day of the sports year. Sure, it almost always ends up being a letdown, but don't most things really?
As we've done the last few years, post your deadline day comments here and if you see a good link... please share it. Together, we can religiously check the same six rumor sites constantly for the next twelve or so hours. And if you get really bored, don't forget to recap Dayton's past deadlines.
- Ethan Skolnick's Season Ticket | Sun-Sentinel Blogs: Florida Marlins: Serious about winning? Get a starting pitcher (like Brian Bannister, he proposes)
- Royals Fielding Calls For Brian Bannister - MLB Daily Dish
- DFA’d Player Update, Josh Anderson, and Royals Related Rumors | Kings of Kauffman | A Kansas City Royals Blog
- Bannister, Bloomquist, Teahen Drawing Interest: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
- Cubs in search of lefty bat who can play right :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Cubs
- BaseballAmerica.com: Majors: Trade Central: 2009
- Shouldn't we be doing what the Pirates (the NL version of the Royals) are doing? - Royals Review
- Poll: Should Dayton Moore Be Fired Right Now? - Royals Review
- This is kinda cool. Victor Rojas of MLBN started following me on twitter about a week ago. I think he's a closet Royals fan. Victor Rojas (VR29) on Twitter
- MLB trade deadline buzz: Thursday's edition - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN
- Here's a jam to listen to as we wait: YouTube - Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do? (HQ available)