Who saw that coming?
- The Royals pounded out 13 hits (some of which were even for extra bases), stole three bases and managed to get through a game with no one getting picked off or thrown out on the basepaths.
- St. Willie continued his hot streak!
- DDJ got a start in CF!
- Luke Hochevar wasn't great -- 6.0 IP, 9 Hs, 5 Ks, 1 BB, 5 Rs -- but he kept his head above water against a tough lineup that hits extremely well at home.
- Kudos to Trey for bringing in Soria in the eighth inning. Sure, it was maybe a batter too late, and sure, I'm guessing we'll read a typically weird quote about the whole sequence at some point, but at least he brought him in.
- Finally, apparently Ken Burns was at the game tonight filming, obviously because he wanted to showcase the Royals. I look forward to the maudlin voiceovers against still photos that are sure to follow.