1. Gil Meche would seem to currently have a sore shoulder. For those who just crawled out of an Okinawan cave, please recall that "Meche was limited to 23 starts and 129 innings because of shoulder and back problems in 2009."
2. Alex Gordon is injured early in the year, which may delay for him a much needed "breakout season." And he still doesn't listen to the coaches.
3. Willie Bloomquist is playing over his head. In Spring Training. Again.
4. Jose Guillen is getting paid $12M to "patrol" right field, because, it seems, he is still allergic to the grass in left field, and he might get pissed off if he doesn't get to play right field.
5. Kyle Farnsworth is still getting shelled, shelled, and shelled some more. This time as a starter candidate.
6. Kyle Davies still has control problems. This time as a reliever/starter candidate.
7. The Royals have no reliable #4 or #5 starters.
8, 9 and 10.: No reliable set up man has emerged, our starting catcher has massive holes in his game, and we have a recently- acquired, injury-prone, and overpaid starting center fielder.
Fearless prediction: if you think the 2009 season was a heaping Shinola Sandwich, fasten you seatbelts and grab your salt shaker.***
***Am I being too negative for some of our tender-hearted readers? Sadly, no.