Please post your starting lineup, top 5 starters, and closer for the 2012 season. I'm hoping to see names like Moustakas, Hosmer, Myers, Robinson, Lamb, Crow, Montgomery, Duffy, Collins, and Giavotella.
I'd like to see the Royals model a team around the late 70's/early 80's teams that were so successful. The key ingredient, other than starting pitching of course, is a Hal McRae type of player. Someone who gets in your face, who plays dirty, who brings it every day, who has 'moxie'. The Royals had other guys like that, of course, like Brett, White, Patek, Otis, etc.
How about this lineup?
1. Derrick Robinson - CF (I put him here above others b/c I'd like to bring back the model team like late 70's 80's with Willie Wilson at leadoff wreaking havoc on the bases)
2. Eric Hosmer - RF (High average, high contact rate, low strikeout rate - Seitzer prototype?)
3. Mike Moustakas -3B (Think George Brett in the 3-hole for many years?)
4. Kila Kai'ahue - 1B (John Mayberry/Steve Balboni/Danny Tartabull)
6. Wil Myers - C (May be too optimistic for him to be up in 2012, I'd settle for Brayan Pena at Catcher)
7. Alex Gordon - LF (Hopefully will pull it together by this time, although he'll be 28)
8. Johnny Giavotella - 2B (Anyone is better than Chris Getz)
9. Yuniesky Betancourt - SS
1. Zack Grienke - RHP
2. Luke Hochevar - RHP
3. Dan Duffy - LHP
4. Aaron Crow - RHP
5. Mike Montgomery/John Lamb - LHP