The Star and Sickels release Royal prospect rankings, which is, I suppose, our version of a postseason. Included: World Series talk, Ambrose Bierce, and Alan Rickman wondering an excerpt of Philip Larkin describing his readers. Perhaps I should write my version. Sometimes I imagine them sullen fleshy inarticulate men, stockbrokers, sellers of goods, living in 30-year-old houses among the golf courses of Outer London, husbands of aging and bitter wives they first seduced to Artie Shaw's 'Begin the Beguine' or the Squadonaires' 'The Nearness of You'...
- Royals still rich down on the farm - KansasCity.com
- The Star’s annual rankings of Royals’ top prospects - KansasCity.com
- Kansas City Royals Top 20 Prospects for 2012 - Minor League Ball
- Speaking for the Defense | Pine Tar Press
- Michael Pineda And The Essence Of Baseball - Lookout Landing
- The 2011 World Series: History vs. History Of Disappointment - Baseball Nation
- In Which A Post About Lyle Overbay Becomes A Pretext For More Ranting About The Perils Of The Free-Agent Market - Bucs Dugout