Pretty depressing week in the world of news, wasn't it? To get our minds off that, we need a "Friday Open Thread" don't we? For the Royals it wasn't a bad week, as community hero Dayton Moore pulled off a trade that was generally well received! Sure, Sanchez isn't an ace, but at least the dreaded move for Jair Jurrjens wasn't made. With each passing second, we are all closer and closer to March 6th!
College basketball started this week, that's always fun. Tonight, a game between North Carolina and Michigan State is being played on an aircraft carrier for some reason. I really don't understand this on multiple levels, but they've already schedule two more years of it, so a tradition has been born.
1. Who is your college team? What are your expectations for their basketball season? Final Four teams?
2. Are you a collector of anything?
3. If you decided to become a ex-pat, what country would you move to?
4. What is on your perfect pizza? Everybody likes pizza, right? Lots of "Polk Points" for creative pizzas.
5. How far do you currently live from your birthplace? From where you grew up?
6. A brain teaser from Einstein: There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Who owns the fish?
Clues: 1. The British man lives in the red house.2. The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets. 3. The Danish man drinks tea. 4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house. 5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee. 6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds. 7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill. 8. The man living in the center house drinks milk. 9. The Norwegian lives in the first house. 10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats. 11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill. 12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer. 13. The German smokes Prince. 14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house. 15. The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.