The Royals have played four baseball games. This is 2.4% of their season. So far, it has been a very thrilling 2.4% of their season, but 2.4% nonetheless.
How can we better understand 2.4%?
- 2.4% of the NFL season puts you in the second quarter of the first game, nearing halftime.
- 2.4% of the NBA season puts you in the fourth quarter of the second game, nearing the buzzer.
- 2.4% of the Masters puts you on the second hole, somewhere in the fairway.
- 2.4% of the NCAA Tournament (starting with the Thursday games) puts you at halftime of the second game of the entire tournament played.
- 2.4% of the 72 years lifespan puts you as a toddler, three months from birthday number 2.
So needless to say, it is in fact early. However, some of these seem farther along than others. Here's another: the United States is 3.794 million square miles. 2.4% of that landmass gives you 91,000 square miles: which is slightly smaller than the state of Wyoming. That's right, Grass Creek! The Royals have already conquered the Equality State and are moving on!