Here are the Official Rules of Baseball Fandom (as voted on by loyal RR readers) so far:
1. To be a fan of baseball, you must enjoy watching baseball.
2. A real fan can boo his team.
3. A real fan stays until the end of the game (but there are exceptions).
4. Before becoming a real fan, you must follow the team for at least one year, although exceptions are made for very young fans.
5. A real fan owns at least one article with the team logo on it.
So now we can advance to discuss new proposed rules. One change I will make is to label proposed rules with letters, rather than numbers. This will keep a rule that gets voted down from altering the numeric order of the approved rules.
Remember, you can still suggest new rule proposals at the original thread.
Today’s proposed rule (let’s call it “F”) is this:
F. A real fan can have a secondary team that he/she roots for.
What say you?