OAKLAND, CA - JUNE 15: Luke Hochevar #44 of the Kansas City Royals pitches against the Oakland Athletics at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on June 15, 2011 in Oakland, California. (Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images)
- Luke pitched great for Luke. For the second time this season he took a no-hitter late into the game. For the second time, he started melting down once a couple base runners got on. He pulled it together and ended up only allowing 2 runs.
- The Royals pitchers didn't strike out one batter. Not one.
- Escobar continues his hot streak by going 3 for 3 with a 2B, a SB and scored the Royals only run.
- Getz made what seemed like a 1000 plays at 2B. Now if he just figure out this whole hitting part of the game.
- Treanor got a HR or a XBH robbed by Willingham. It was a nice play. I will not be surprised if that is not the furthest Treanor will hit a ball all season.
- The offense, besides Escobar, was 4 for 28. When Escobar has almost half of the team's hits, it is a bad night for the offense.
- Melky has no range in CF.