The deadline for the Royals Review 1985 DVD Contest has passed. I was dreading this post, as I had a very difficult time getting down to nine finalists. The top three entries will receive the DVD set. I encourage people to be somewhat strategic in their voting. The key battle is the 3rd/4th split. Those entries that gravitate towards the middle of the pack may be the ones that deserve the most attention.
Polling will close Saturday at 11:55 PM EST.
Now it is time to look over the entries and vote on who should win.
Here are the finalists:
- A: Searching For the Next Tampa Bay Rays: What the Moore Regime Should Do Between Now and 2012 - by Jackie Ballgame- " I felt I was observing two sociological phenomena in action: (1) love for the underdog, which has deep historical roots in the American psyche, and (2) a collective casting-about for the next instance of something noteworthy that recently happened."
- B: 1985 DVD Contest: 2011 Season Post-Mortem - by Top Ramen - A dramatic discussion between executives from inside One Royals Way.
- C: 1985 DVD Contest - Bruce Springsteen Addition - by ks.cowboy - Using Bruce Springsteen to find an answer.
D: 1985 DVD Contest: Utopian Ideas for GMDM -by PhattStairs - A variety of on and off the field ideas, including more community involvement.
E; My contest entry: A Miracle On Aisle 34 - by KeepitCopacetic - Answers can be found in surprising places.
- F: 1985 DVD Contest -- Dayton at the Bat - by Alan Hald - A poetic attempt.
G: 1985 DVD Contest: A Month by Month Plan -by Richard Clark - A detailed month by month plan.
- H: 1985 DVD Contest: GoBabies!! Style - A detail-heavy plan that involves going young and trading vets.
- I: 1985 DVD Entry: Orwell Preferred That Year - by Beau Jackson - Major steps including trading Butler & Soria