After watching the last game against the Padres, I am beginning to wonder if Ned Yost, our manager, is insane.
Let's take a look at a few of his insane, weird, blunt, and just plain stupid things he's said and done since we have hired him.
- Pinch-hitting Jarrod Dyson over two of the Royals' best hitters in Wilson Betemit and Mitch Maier in the 9th inning of a game. He has not said anything about this, but, I'm sure he will. I will keep you updated.
- Leaving pitchers that are getting shelled in for extended periods of time because he "Thought they'd turn it around" (Most notably with Mazzarro).
- Contradicting himself on the Soria situation a month ago:"Trust me, I have been through this five or six times. The worst thing you can do in a situation like this is to start messing around with the bullpen" - May 29th, 2011
"I made the decision (to remove Soria as closer) before Jack came in" - May 31st, 2011
- Contradicting himself on the reliability of stats and sabermetrics in managerial decisions.
- "I always wanted to be an astronaut." Not quite, Neddy, but you are a dick.
- Going off on Hosmer for doing... what he's been telling his players to do all season: "What Hosmer did today was a big mistake. He didn't give us a chance to steal the base. He was overanxious, wanting to make it happen too fast."
- Not pinch-hitting for Escobar in high-pressure situations because "He can learn from it."
- Making questionable bullpen moves all season and not justifying them with anything credible.
If you can think of any other stupid things he's done, or a reason he should be fired, please don't be afraid to comment.