We're used to watching these games, just not with the Royals winning.
I was under the impression that Carlos Carrasco was kinda good, although he certainly didn't look it tonight. The Royals scored 7 runs off of the former Philly in 3+ innings, and probably should have had more.
The offensive heroes:
- Billy Butler: two more home runs, pushing him up to 12 on the season. Possible team leader?
- Alex Gordon: home run, double. This was the awesome Butler-Gordon lineup core we all imagined in 2007.
- Melky: grand slam. The cliche is to write, "that'll up his trade value!" But I hate that pat line, because it just isn't true. Any GM dumb enough to change a trade value off of one at bat is also probably thinking, "oh, he hit his grand slam now, not for me!" Gambler's fallacy cuts both ways.
- Escobar went 3-4, including two doubles, ending a bit of a quiet slump.
- Francoeur had two hits and a walk.