Make it seven. The Royals got a serviceable start from Everett Teaford and another huge offensive night en route to another victory. I almost felt like a Red Sox or Yankees fan tonight: long innings, an endless string of hits, bottom of the order guys contributing with extra base knocks... wow.
- The Royals had an absurd eighteen hits on the evening. As three players had three-hit games (Melky, Moose, Perez) and three more managed two-hit games (Gordon, Butler, and Escobar).
- Moose's power surge continues, as he just got the ball over the wall for his fourth homer.
- Francoeur sent the game into laugher territory and sent his fans into ecstasies with a three run homer in the eighth.
- In a somewhat pointless start, Getz tripled.
- I said above Teaford's start was serviceable, but perhaps that is unkind. He allowed just four hits and walk, against four strikeouts in six innings. I suppose there is just a small part of me that thinks I could toss five decent innings against this sleepwalking Sox squad.