As you probably know, Royals-Mariners is a HUGE rivarly. But again, if you live anywhere east of Chicago and south of the Yukon, you already knew that. We battle the Mariners for Wyoming each summer, and really, no one wins. If you are new to the site, here's a little background.
If you care about actual baseball Lookout Landing has a great series preview up.
- With Familiar Stars Absent, Battle for Grass Creek Isn't the Same - Royals Review (I actually won an SB Nation writing award for this one.)
- To Hate Like This is to be Willie Bloomquist Forever - Royals Review
- The Battle for Grass Creek, Wyoming Begins - Royals Review
- Interview with a Grass Creek HS Graduate
- my failed attempt to scout the Chukars and... - Royals Review
Given that the Royals are 13-9 against the Mariners since the 2009 season began, I think it is safe to say all but far northeastern Wyoming is diehard Royals fans now. Teal is bleeding out of the Equality State faster than a 1994 Hornets Starter Jacket on machine wash. We need to update our maps!