March 23, 2012; Surprise, AZ, USA; Kansas City Royals pitcher Luke Hochevar (44) pitches against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Surprise Stadium. Mandatory Credit: James Guillory-US PRESSWIRE
Riding a wave of incredible enthusiasm surrounding the 2012 Royals, the boys in blue have had a rather bumpy Spring Training. Two key players have suffered major injuries (The Perezence and Joakim Soria) and young players like Mike Moustakas and Johnny Giavotella haven't played well.
So what are the positives?
- Luke Hochevar has pitched well, posting a 1.25 ERA. Is he taking that next step?
- Luis Mendoza has posted a sparkling 0.77 ERA and struck out 12 in 11 innings.
- SOS hasn't been horrible.
- The bullpen, generally speaking, has pitched well. Especially Herrerra, Tim Collins, and Teaford.
Alex Gordon is now hitting .422 with power this ST. Billy is at .415 with power.
- Jason Kendall is still coaching.
What positives excite you?