Nice win by the Royals to improve to 3-2 on the season. Some post-game notes:
- Game started with a 43 minute rain delay for rain. The umpires suspended the game in the top of the 8th, eventually calling the game an hour later.
- Cain stole a double from Barton in the 2nd and then hit Getz for a relay to double up Cowgill at 1B. Cain left the game shortly after his catch and is now day-to-day with a groin strain.
- Moustakas connected on a deep double in the two run 4th inning for one RBI. The hit resembled the Barton stroke that Cain robbed, but Cespesdes was unable to make the play.
- Mitch Maier hit a solo shot in the 7th inning.
- Duffy pitched 6 innings with 8 Ks, 4 BBs. It was against a pedestrian Oakland lineup, but I was pleased with Duffy's performance in spite of the walks.
- Royals tried a hit-and-run with Butler and Francoeur. Surprise, it didn't work. Getz also was picked off, continuing the early season trend of giving away outs on the basepaths.
- Crow had a 1-2-3 7th inning to earn the save in the rain-shortened game. Crow and Duffy combined to give up one hit in their seven innings pitched.
- The Royals finish their series against the Athletics at 2:35 Kauffman time. Bruce Chen takes the mound against Brandon McCarthy.