April 11, 2012; Oakland, CA, USA; Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer (35) celebrates with teammates after scoring a run against the Oakland Athletics during the twelfth inning at O.co Coliseum. The Oakland Athletics defeated the Kansas City Royals 5-4. Mandatory Credit: Kelley L Cox-US PRESSWIRE
Yesterday, I touched on the Royals and their 3-3 start. Since we are all pretty much doing nothing except waiting around for today's game, here's a quick primer on the Indians.
- Current record: 1-4
- SB Nation Blog: Lets Go Tribe
- 2011 Record: 80-82
- Your outlook on the Indians: 78% of you think that the Royals are better
- Offense: 4 runs per game. Which is somewhat high, given that their team triple slash line is .176/.290/.326
- Hottest hitters: Shelley Duncan .294/.400/.521, Carlos Santana .211/.400/.526, Travis Hafner .267/.389/.533
- Coldest hitters: Kasey Kotchman .095/.095/.095, Michael Brantley .059/.238/.118
- Run Prevention: The tribe have allowed 6.20 runs per game
- Best pitcher: Justin Masterson has a 2.77 ERA after two starts, but has also allowed two unearned runs. Ubaldo Jiminez had one good start.
- Struggling pitchers: Chris 'Pure Rage' Perez has an ERA over 10.00, Dan Wheeler and Tony Sipp have been even worse.