KANSAS CITY, MO - APRIL 13: Eric Hosmer #35.of the Kansas City Royals runs onto the field during player introductions prior to the home opener against the Cleveland Indians on April 13, 2012 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
- Hochevar got hit around pretty good in the 1st inning with 7 Runs on 8 Hits. Two of those hits should have been outs. A grounder got by Yuni for one hit that should have been an out. Dyson horribly misplayed a ball in deep center. If either play would have been made, the Indians would have only scored 2-3 runs in the first.
- Hochevar was hit in the ankle in the 4th inning. Reports from the Royals say it is only a bruise and he is day-to-day.
- Royals out hit the Indians 12-11. Three of those base runners were removed on 3 double plays
- Teaford pitched 4 scoreless inning in relief.
- Moose made a great throw from 3B to get Kotchman in the 7th.
- Gordon led the Royals by getting on base 3 of this 4 times. Francoeur, Betancourt and Escobar each had 2 hits.
- The Indians got a run on a Cabrera home run in the 9th off Herrera.
- The Royals got their 3 runs on a Hosmer RBI single in the 1st and Gordon and Moustakas both got RBIs in the 4th.
- Derrick Lowe went 6.2 inning for the Indians striking out 3, walk none.