KANSAS CITY, MO - APRIL 17: Jeff Francoeur #21. of the Kansas City Royals rounds second on his way to a triple during the 8th inning of the game against the Detroit Tigers on April 17, 2012 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
- Bruce Chen pitch great, 7 innings, 7 Ks, 0 BBs, 2 ER, 108 pitches. It was the longest game thrown by a Royal pitcher this season.
- Holland allowed 2 runs to score while he was pitching by allowing 3 hits after inheriting one base runner.
- The Royals scored their first run in the 3rd inning when Escobar got to second on an error by the pitcher, Smyly and Gordon drove him home.
- Rookie pitcher Smyly went 6 innings, striking out 4 batters and only walking one.
- Gordon (0.143) and Hosmer (0.182) are vying for the team low in AVG.
- Losing streak is now at 6 games.