- Vin Mazzaro was serviceable. 5IP, 3 ER, 2 K, 1 BB
- Hosmer had an unassisted double play.
- Hosmer had 2 hits, both deep to left field. I am not calling it a break out, but it was nice to see him get a couple of opposite field hits.
- Dyson was on base 3 of 5 times. Could he actually be the leadoff hitter Dayton has been searching years to have on the team?
- Tim Collins was lights out, striking out 5 of the 6 batters he faced. The bullpen only gave up one run, a 9th inning HRs via Mijares.
- The Royal hitters had twice as many walks as the Rangers (2 vs.1). Wait, the Royal pitchers only walked one batter and that was Josh Hamilton. And the team won. Coincidence? I think not.
- Future game tickets are going for as low as $15. My wife was thinking of getting All-Star Game tickets, saw the current price, and asked why the future's game was so low.