May 9, 2012; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Royals catcher Brayan Pena (27) slides back into second base after driving in two runs with a double against the Boston Red Sox during the first inning at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Peter G. Aiken-US PRESSWIRE
- The Royals jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the 1st inning on a couple of fielding blunders by the Red Sox. With 2 outs Butler walked and Frenchy single. Then Giavotella hit a pop up that bounced off of Byrd's glove that scored Butler. Then Ross fumbled a ball in the outfield that bounced off the outfield wall for a hit scoring Frenchy and Gia.
- Adrian Gozalez hit a bases loaded double in the 3rd to tie the game.
- The Royals got the only other run of the game on doubles by Falu and Escobar in the 4th.
- Bruce Chen was effective for a Royals stater. 6.2 innings, 5 Ks, no BB. He got his all important first win of the season.
- Falu looked decent to good at 3B.
- Gordon saved a run in the ninth with a beautiful diving catch
- Dyson's SLG (0.340) > Frenchy's SLG (0.333).
- Mike Aviles had the opportunity to put a hurting on his old team, but was 0-3 with runners in scoring position.
- Falu was sent in the 8th to score at home, but was out at home by at least 3-4 steps.