Jun 27, 2012; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar (2) hits a home run in the third inning against the Tampa Bay Rays at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: John Rieger-US PRESSWIRE
The Royals hit 3 sols HRs. One by Moose in the 1st. Another by Escobar in the 3rd. Finally, Butler goes yard in the 8th to give the Royals .
- Besides the 3 HRs, Yuni was clutch with a single that scored 2 runs.
- Teaford was serviceable. 5 Ks, 3 BB, 4 H, 2 ER in 5 innings. At least he wasn't expected to go many innings with the bullpen rested and an off day tomorrow.
- The Royals were helped by 4 double plays.
- The right side, infield and outfield, are horrible at defense. Yuni, Frenchy and Hosmer all should have made a play early in the game, but they let fly ball fall between them. All 3 should have made some extra plays during the game.
- Perez was down for a bit after another collision at home. He was able to stay in the game.
- Escobar was a triple shy of hitting for the cycle.
- Hacker of the of the Game (with good results): Billy Butler: 9 pitches seen in 4 PAs.
- Gordon seems lost at the plate. He was the only Royal without a hit. He has been hitting better. In the last 20 games, before today, he had a line of 0.342/.441/0.519. He has been horrible with runners on base hitting: 0.204/0.291/0.319. With no runners on, he is hitting 0.316/0.415/0.485.