At the All-Star Break, here are your current standings (rank/team/overall points):
1 Yuni Part Deux 87
2 Team Balls 80.5
3 Phatt Stairs 79
4 The Iron Shreiks 61
5 Team Shirron 60.5
6 Chicken and Beer 59
7 Candy Maldonado 55.5
8 MITCHfreaking Maier 54.5
9 PLOW MONSTER 46.5
10 Team Awesome Sauce 46
11 Nighthawk at the Diner 30.5
A few bullet points after the break.
- Yuni Part Deux continues to roll with a strategy of punting starting pitching in favor of offense and saves. Will the low Wins and Ks total, however, leave the clear favorite vulnerable?
- Phatt Stairs has dominated the offensive categories: 1st in Runs and RBI, 2nd in SB and OBP, and tied for 3rd in HR. A moderate improvement on the pitching side in the second half could push the Phatts into first.
- On the flip side, the pitching categories are all over the place, as five different teams lead each different category.
- Yuni Part Deux also leads the transaction counter (23 pickups), followed closely by Candy Maldanado (22), Plow Monster (22), and Team Shirron (20). Everyone else has at least 10 except Team Awesome Sauce (4) and MITCHfreaking Maier (2). Somebody might want to poke them to make sure they are still breathing.
- Candy Maldanado's late round pick of Mike Trout might be the best move of the year. Unfortunately, the injury to first round pick Jacoby Ellsbury and the underperformance of second round pick Eric Hosmer have kept the Candy Men in the middle of the pack.
- The DL Award goes to the PLOW MONSTERS, losing significant playing time from cornerstone Evan Longoria and virtually the entire pitching staff headed by Pineda and Feliz.
- Surprisingly, there has been only one trade to date. The trade deadline is fast apporaching (August 3), so if teams want to make a move, they better hurry.
Good luck to everyone in the second half.
This FanPost was written by a member of the Royals Review community. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the editors and writers of this site.