TORONTO, CANADA - JULY 3: Rajai Davis #11 of the Toronto Blue Jays is tagged out stealing second base by Yuniesky Betancourt #11 of the Kansas City Royals during MLB game action July 3, 2012 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Brad White/Getty Images)
Well, the game started out good with the Royals scoring 3 runs in the 3rd led by a Bourgeois triple. Then in the bottom of the 4th, the Jays got 6 singles, 3 of the infield variety (one should be an error on Escobar) and an Adam Lind 3-run HR. Game over.
- Simple math here. Toronto: 15 base runners = 6 runs. Kansas City: 7 base runners = 3 runs. Craziness.
- Perez nailed Davis on a SB attempt.
- No Royals was on base more than once.
- The Royals led off the 7th and 8th inning with a double, scoring neither time.
- Mazzaro wasn't as as horrible as his stats look. When the Royals give a team extra outs in an innings the other team will probably score a few runs.
- Bourgeois must feel at home with his fellow "Frenchmen". He is 4-5 so far in Canada.
- Hacker of the game: Not a bad night overall with Moose taking 12 pitches in 4 PAs.