Perez and Butler find time for a game of "London Bridges" during Saturday nights game. Mandatory Credit: Bob DeChiara-US PRESSWIRE
It took over 4 1/2 hours for the Royals to win their biggest comeback of the season. For being a 12 inning game, it was pretty uneventful. All the scoring came in bunches. Of the total 24 half innings, there was scoring in only 6 of them. Nice win for the Royals over a depleted Red Sox team.
- Mike Aviles was thrown out while on the bases. @No one saw that coming@.
- Boston out hit the Royals 20 to 14.
- All of the Runs scored by the Red Sox were off of Guthrie and Teaford in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th inning.
- The Royals sent 11 batters to the plate in the 6 run 7th inning. All the scoring happened with 2 outs.
- Frenchy walked twice, one IBB, one regular.
- Gordon had a great night. 2 for 5, 1 BB, 2 Runs and 4 RBIs.
- Hacker of the game: Butler saw 14 pitches in 6 PAs. Not to be out done by anyone on his former team, Mike Aviles saw 12 pitches in his 6 PAs. Show off.
More images from the game