Aug 29, 2012; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Royals third baseman Mike Moustakas (8) makes a diving stop and throws to second base to start a double play in the second inning against the Detroit Tigers at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: John Rieger-US PRESSWIRE
Chen dominated the Tigers by allowing no runs over 8 innings and threw only 100 pitches. The one run came from Hosmer that GameDay does a great job describing as:
- Several good defensive plays helped. Gordon diving catch, Moose double play, Dyson's grab. Link to the videos
- It is the Royals 11th shutout of the season, tied for 5th in the majors.
- The Royals struck out only 1 time (Pena) and no one walked.
- Moose had a nice tackle of Fielder in the bottom of the 6th.
- Tigers were unclutch: 0-8 with RISP
- Hacker of the game: Gordon with 12 pitches in 4 PAs
- Finally, I was looking for Dyson's catch and saw the following image. Why is there an image of a player that hasn't made start in over two years?