With only four weeks remaining, here are the standings (Rank/Team Name/Owner/Total Points):
1. Team Balls (Gopherballs) 91
2. Yuni Part Deux (Royal Medic) 87.5
3. Phatt Stairs 74.5
4. Team Shirron (powder blues) 60.5
5. The Iron Shreiks (EspeciallyK) 58
6. Candy Maldonado (BeauJackson) 57
7. Chicken and Beer (Connor Moylan) 55
8. Team Awesome Sauce (Hibbidyhai) 48.5
9. PLOW MONSTER (sumajestad) 44
9. MITCHfreaking Maier 44
11. Nighthawk at the Diner 40
. . .
A few bullet points after the jump.
- Yuni Part Deux led for most of the way until Phatt Stairs surged into the lead last month. Whatever was working for the Phatt ones stalled, however, and they have slipped back into third.
- The battle between Yuni Part Deux and Phatt Stairs allowed Team Balls and the mighty John Jaso to sneak into first, but the lead is a tenuous one that could be undone at any time by another lousy outing by Justin Masterson.
- Team Shirron, the Iron Shrieks, Candy Maldonado, and Chicken and Beer have held the middle ground most of the way with no one quite able to break away from the pack.
- Team Awesome Sauce attempted a bold strategy of taking pitching in the early rounds and punting offense. The pitching has been good, but not enough to make up for last place in three offensive categories.
- The snakebit PLOW MONSTER might want to get a new training staff next year. Even Rany says so.
- The rotation did in MITCHfreaking Maier, as Yu Darvish underperformed and Max Scherzer came on too late.
- Nighthawk at the Diner has been too busy writing awesome comments on Royals Review to be bothered with trifles such as fantasy baseball.
- Cursed by the Royals: Yuni (MITCHfreaking Maier), Frenchy (PLOW MONSTER), 2nd Round pick Hosmer (Candy Maldanado)
Good luck to everyone in the final weeks.