October is a crazy busy time for us vegetable farmers. It's just as well the Royals won the World Series by the end of September, I don't know how I'd have kept up with everything doing it the old-fashioned way. As it is, I've barely paid attention to baseball for the past month, and have neglected RR for about the same period.
1. If you could only have access to one animal's food products for the rest of your life, what would it be? For example:
- chicken (eggs, meat, chicken-foot soup)
- cow/goat/sheep/camel (milk, cheese, meat, haggis)
- pig (bacon, ham, sausage, head-cheese).
For the vegetarians & vegans, what sole staple grain would you stick with (corn, rice, wheat, barley, rye, quinoa, etc.)?
2. Do you have a music or literary preference that's unusual, obscure, or would get mocked on RR? You know, like reconstructed classical Greek literary music or Rush?
3. Despite all the recent dysfunction, America's still a pretty damn good place in many ways. What's something you really like about the US?
4. What really pisses you off about people? Not a specific person, per se, but People. What brings out your inner curmudgeon?
5. I've always enjoyed comics, reading my father's collections of Doonesbury, Calvin & Hobbes, and Bloom County until I had them memorized. Over the last few years, I've been dropping most print comics and getting into reading webcomics, which I define as comics distributed primarily over the internet by the artist, independent of newspapers and syndicates. The Economist also has a useful take on this subject. What were & are your favorite comics, in whatever medium?
Bonus: What Royals player, past or present, do you look most like? For women, same question for a guy close to you (significant other, brother, father, etc).
Alternate Bonus: Tell your best joke about another state.