Here is some pregame reading
- I have just finished Dr. James Andrews' book, Any Given Monday. While it focused mainly on youth injuries, some good information was contained in it. The entire baseball chapter is available online for free reading. Also, he just gave an interview with some more information.
- Dave Cameron at FanGraphs did a nice little study looking at where outfielders should play according to their ability. He found not much of a difference in results exists when outfielders aren't in their ideal position as long as the team uses some common sense. It is the same philosophy as batting order where most changes make very little difference.
- A quick look at how pitching improves as the season goes on.
- Brendan Ryan = Prince Fielder according to WAR. Great example and explanation.
- Where have all the left-handed pitching prospects gone? My guess is to die in the Royals minor league system.
- 2013 fantasy baseball with some awesome graphs.