Looking forward to finally making it to Surprise
- Learning the ins and outs of interviewing with FanGraphs David Laurila has its perks. Peter Gammons stopped him to talked today (Laurila and Gammons are both from Boston). Peter knows too much about baseball he really needs to share. He described Perez as one of several great, young catchers just getting their feet wet in the majors. Then Jim Bowden showed up to say. I guess all good things must come to an end.
- The Rockies have some pretty cool shirts which said, "Beat their ass, not our own".
- I watched the Rockies play the Mariners in Scottsdate. Another Mike Jacobs appearance and he did lift one of his patented warning track fly balls over the fence. Distractions kept me from the game. Minimally clothed co-eds were abound. I will need more game time viewing experience to gain the ability to ignore these attention grabbers. Practice, practice, practice.
- If you ever make it to spring training, take in a game at Scottsdale's Salt River complex. Best Cactus League facility, hands down.
- After becoming lost in the back fields, Dan O'Dowd (Rockies GM/President) helped us with instructions out.
- The final FanGraphs shin-dig happened Sunday night. Everyone will now disperse back to their moms' basements across the country.
- On Sunday, I will be back to covering the Reds in Goodyear and meeting up with my ride. I may go to watch a night game or the Best of the West High School Tournament.