1. Today is actually my birthday. I'm 47 years old. I have a few memories of past birthday celebrations, involving kegs of beer and the like. One of them is distinctly X-rated. Got any good birthday party stories?
2. A fellow RR poster is coming to Barcelona and we're going to meet up and do the three-hour whirlwind tour of the medieval/Roman quarter, if he has time between rock and roll shows. We got the cathedral, the cloister, the Roman wall, and lots of other stuff. I'm a good tour guide because I've read up on the history. What city do you know well that you could take visitors through? What would you take them to see?
3. We've seen all the Royals
' starters but Mendoza pitch two games. Small sample size, but what do you make of them? Who do you think Duffy and/or Paulino replace in August?
4. I've applied to join the Sons of Confederate Veterans (my great-great-grandfather was a sergeant in the Second Mississippi). I'm proud of his service, yet I know he was fighting on the wrong side. The SCV is an extremely conservative organization and I'm hoping to add my grain of sand to help modernize it a bit. Hypothetical: If your grandfather had been in the German Army in World War II and served bravely, even though you are happy now that his side lost, would you join a Sons of the Wehrmacht organization?
5. F. Scott Fitzgerald published The Great Gatsby on yesterday's date in 1925. I really don't get that book. Not saying it's bad, just that I don't understand it. Is there any book or movie that everyone else raves about, and you don't understand why?
Boner: If you could pick only one overflow girl for the rest of eternity, who would it be? (Women and nontraditional men can pick an overflow guy.)
Double boner: When I was in high school in the '80s there were a lot of shitty bands. Like Rush, for example. Keith, I lived through Rush the first time. It sucked, let me tell you. Which band just grates on your ears until you feel like you're going to puke?
This FanPost was written by a member of the Royals Review community. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the editors and writers of this site.