Just to recap:
- Royals scored a first inning run on a Billy Butler double
- James Shields was awesome - 8 IP 2 H 0 R 2 BB 9 K. Ned pulled him after eight innings and 102 pitches. The right call?
- Greg Holland was getting squeezed in the ninth, but still gave up three hits. It looked like we might get out of it when Paul Konerko tapped into a double play, but a walk and a bobble by Chris Getz allowed a run to score to tie it.
- The White Sox are bloody awful on the basepaths.
- Shields actually had a no-no going til the sixth when Jeff Francoeur allowed a catchable ball to fall harmlessly to the ground.
- Frenchy also had an awesome throw to nail a runner (remember what I said about Chicago being bloody awful on the basepaths?)
- Hawk Harrelson is having a conniption