In addition to inking first round draft pick infielder Hunter Dozier, the Royals today announced they have signed seventeen more draft picks from last week's draft. They are:
- 5th round OF Amalani FukoFuka out of Logan HS in California
- 6th round P Luke Farrell out of Northwestn University
- 9th round OF Daniel Rockett out of the University of Texas-San Antonio
- 12th round 1B Brandon Dulin out of Longview College in Kansas City
- 13th round P Jonathan Dziedzic out of Lamar University
- 14th round P Chase Darhower out of Northwest Florida State College
- 15th round OF Dominique Taylor out of the University of Irvine-California
- 16th round P Kevin McCarthy out of Marist University
- 17th round P Kevin Perez out of Miami-Dade Community College
- 18th round C Frank Schwindel out of St. John's University
- 20th round P Glenn Sparkman out of Wharton County Junior College
- 22nd round P Andrew Brockett out of the University or Richmond
- 24th round OF Riley King out of Caroll College in Montana
- 28th round SS Kevin Kuntz (son of Royals coach Rusty Kuntz) out of the University of Kansas
- 29th round P Alex Black out of Columbia University
- 30th round 2B Andrew Ayers out of Sacramento State University
Almalani signed for $175,000 (slot is $337,300). Rockett signed for $147,000 (slot value).
Thanks to the power of Twitter, we can immediately see how excited some of these guys are to join the Best Farm System in the History of Whatever.
Honestly don't know what I would do without baseball. It is the one thing I know I can turn to when there's nothing.— ⚡Hunter Dozier⚡ (@HuNtErDoZiEr) June 9, 2013
At this point all that matters is spending time w. the Fam & friends...Then get to work ⚾💪— The ONE and ONLY (@YAboiAMALANI) June 11, 2013
So many family, friends, coaches, doctors and nurses to thank for this day being possible. Proud to be a Kansas City Royal!— Luke Farrell (@elFarrell52) June 8, 2013
Farrell overcame brain tumors being removed from his head.
What's up Royals Nation!— Brandon Dulin(@thedulin13) June 8, 2013
Going to the royals game tonight #gonnabeagoodnight— Brandon Dulin(@thedulin13) June 10, 2013
Photo of Chase Darhower signing in his kitchen.
Hasn't even been a full day that I been gone and I already miss her so much. We will be reunited in no… instagram.com/p/abhAZDy3IL/— Kevin Perez(@kevinperez_15) June 11, 2013
I want to thank my family, friends, and teammates for all the love and support today. #royals— frank schwindel (@schwindiesel) June 9, 2013
Off to Arizona! Excited to start the next chapter of my life, it's been real CT!— Andrew Brockett (@brock_piece) June 11, 2013
Signed a contract with the KC Royals tonight! Leave for Arizona on Tuesday! Extremely blessed for this opportunity!— Riley King (@ryking3) June 10, 2013
6 am flight tomorrow morning for Arizona can't wait to start this journey!— Kevin Kuntz (@kvnkntz1) June 11, 2013
Officially a Kansas City Royal! Pumped for the opportunity! Now it's time to shock the world. #MLBDraft— Alex Black (@bleeze3) June 8, 2013