1. Back in the good old days, when the Royals were winners and ESPN showed more highlights than promotional interludes, the NFL pretty much only played games during the day on Sunday, Thanksgiving, and Monday Night Football, which was the premier sporting event of the week. A couple times of year, however, ABC and the NFL would have what was called (no joking) "Monday Night Football: Special Thursday Edition." The fact that the game was on Thursday always made these games feel extra special, and as a result, I never missed them (even though I was never the biggest NFL fan). Aside from the cultural phenomenon known as the Super Bowl, what regular sporting event do you always make a point to watch regardless of rooting interest?
2. With this extra off day in the All-Star break to reflect back on the season to date, what was your favorite moment from a Royals' game this season so far?
3. What is your favorite breakfast?
4. There was a pretty lousy TV mini-series in the 1980s called Amerika (I think the working title was "Topeka 1997") in which Kris Kristofferson scowls a lot and the premise is the USSR takes over the U.S.A. in a peaceful coup d'etat and then breaks up the states into separate countries so an oily Robert Urich can be the stooge president of the midwest. Scrapping the Soviet takeover nonsense but keeping the premise, if the U.S. decided to break up peacefully into smaller countries, what would be the end result?
5. What show or movie do you like so much that if a sequel or spinoff was announced, you would be first in line to see it no matter what? Star Wars is disqualified.
Boner: City Mouse or Country Mouse?