Joe Hamrahi at Baseball Prospectus has put together what should be a great afternoon and evening of baseball camaraderie. I'm going to twist his arm to grab some pregame BBQ somewhere before we head to the yard to hang out and talk baseball. This is the second time BP has done an event at The K and if you missed the first one, you missed a great time. Plenty of talk about prospects, contracts and Jeff Francoeur. This year promises to be more of the same, but with a little less Francoeur.
The last day to purchase tickets is Wednesday, so quit procrastinating and make your purchase.
Plus, there's a pennant race to partake.
Here is the official word from BP:
Baseball Prospectus and the Kansas City Royals invite you to join us for a great day of baseball on Saturday, August 24 at Kauffman Stadium. Thanks to the fine folks in the Royals front office, we are proud to be able to offer our guests the following:
- Private tour of the Royals Hall of Fame (prior to the event and opening of the gates)
- Admittance to a meet and greet with special guests and Baseball Prospectus personalities (including Jason Parks,Joe Hamrahi, Craig Brown of Royals Review, and Bob Kendrick, President of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum) in the Herk Conference Room 2 hour prior to game time
- Question and answer session with industry guests and members of the Royals Baseball Operations department.
- Kansas City Monarchs Vintage T-Shirt (Salute to the Negro Leagues night)
- Seat in Field Plaza section 241 of Kauffman Stadium to watch the Royals take on the Washington Nationals with Baseball Prospectus fans and staff
- A $15 coupon to be used toward a new Baseball Prospectus Premium subscription or your next Premium renewal
Reserve your spot now!
You must be logged in or create a free account to make your purchase. Confirmations with additional details will be sent within 3 days of your purchase.