The Royals lost the game plain and simple. They got hit, out pitched. The Tigers tried to help the Royals out of the base paths with a couple of running errors. In the end, the Royals were just out matched.
- The Royals remain a perfect 0-7 when Chris Getz leads off . The average runs scored per game went from 1.5 to 1.43. Chris gave it his all going 2 for 4 and scored the Royals only run in the first inning.
- The Royals went 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position.
- Guthrie pitched OK. He went 7 innings, struck out 2 batters, walked none, but allowed 13 hits. The Tigers weren't much better than the Royals going 2 for 12 with runners in scoring position.
- Prince Fielder provide all the offense the Tigers needed with a 1st inning, 2-run home run.
- The Royals owned the base paths with 3 steals on the night. The Tigers were not good on the base paths. Torii Hunter and Bryan Pena both rounded 1st too far and ended up outs.
- Perez getz the Jeff Francoeur Memorial Hacker of the Game Award for only seeing 11 pitches in 4 plate appearance. He won the award in spite of seeing five pitches in his first plate appearance.