It is time to take the fanbase’s temperature again. The last Royals Confidence Index (RCI) in September was a season low 4.64. Below is a visual representation of the confidence fans had in the Royals over the course of the season.
That’s a fairly smooth ski slope. If I had done this at the end of September, there might have been a little ski jump uptick at the end, but that is neither here nor there. Now we must see how we fans feel about the 2009 Royals. Below I have the standard questions (2009 version) as well as some special one-time-only questions. As with the general election, I don’t care how you vote; just vote!
Here's the deal. For each of these questions, give me a number from 1-10. 1 means you feel very bad/unhappy/negative about the item in question right now. 10 means you feel extremely good/happy/positive about it. (If you want to use decimals like 6.5, feel free).
1. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals team overall?
2. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals pitching?
3. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals hitting?
4. How do you feel about the 2009 Royals defense?
5. How do you feel about Dayton Moore?
6. How do you feel about Trey Hillman?
7. How do you feel about the Royals minor league system?
8. How do you feel about the Royals future (2010 and beyond)?
Bonus questions (these have no bearing on the RCI):
A. Considering everything, how would you rate the Jacobs-Nunez trade on a 1-10 scale?
B. Considering everything, how would you rate the Crisp-Ramirez trade on a 1-10 scale?
C. Do you think the following players will be traded by July 31, 2009? (For each name, give a Yes or No)
1. Mark Teahen
2. David DeJesus
3. Billy Butler
4. Zack Greinke
5. Other (please name any other players who you think will be traded)
D. How many games will the following players play for the Royals in 2009?
1. Mark Grudzielanek
2. Ross Gload
3. Ryan Shealy
4. Kila Ka’aihue
E. Do you think the Royals will make any trades during the winter meetings next week? (Yes or No)
F. Do you think the Royals will acquire any player in the Rule 5 Draft on Dec. 11? (Yes or No)
G. What is your best estimate of how many games the Royals will win in 2009?