Did the Royals not speak to the media after the game? I've just read the AP game story, the official website story and Dutton's story with the Star.
Obligatory fangraphs representation:
- Full disclosure here: I more or less took this game off, although from the 7th on I was sporadically checking the score via my phone. Every once in awhile we've all got to pull a Rhoden. I didn't goto see Hancock however, I just watched some History Channel. Oh Monsterquest, you always rope me in, and you always let me down.
- Ross Gload went 3-4 and is now hitting .278. Trade him for a PTBNL yesterday.
- David DeJesus drew a walk to start the game. No one else followed his example.
- Banny almost turned in a helpful outing. Almost. Your Banny ERA update is 5.24.
- Billy Butler hit a double! We'll have that slugging percentage up to .350 any day now! I love getting excited about Royal prospects...
- Someone with an office job should check for me early tomorrow morning, but Buck may not be a sub-replacement level hitter (-VORP) after tonight's big game.
- I enjoy the box score oddity of Ramon Ramirez's blown save: 0.2 IP, 2 Ks, 0 Hs, 0 BBs. Blown save. Looking at the replays of the balk, I have no idea. Konerko certainly sold it.
Fernandez Ramirez, tell me, if you know,
the singing ended and we turned
Toward the town, tell why the glassy lights,
You jerked your neck forward
The lights in the fishing boats at anchor there,
As the night descended, tilting in the air,
Mastered the night and portioned out the sea,
Fixing emblazoned zones and fiery poles,
Arranging, deepening, enchanting night.
They called you for balking