So it all happened.
- The Royals traded David DeJesus. We talked about Justin Marks and Vin Mazzaro. Who was the real "get" from the trade?
- Then, we slogged through a month of Greinke rumors. Randomly, Joakim Soria finished 10th in the Cy Young Voting.
- And briefly, Aaron Crow was rumored to be dating Kesha/Ke$ha.
- So, we kept cycling through Greinke chatter, but in the meantime, the Francoeur rumors picked up. In the end, of course, the Royals signed him. This was fun.
- The Royals followed this up with a completely unexpected, yet somehow expected, signing of Melky Cabrera.
- Somewhere in there, the Royals snagged Nathan Adcock in the Rule 5 Draft.
- And finally, the Royals actually traded Zack Greinke to the Brewers.
Thus, here we are. The Royals aren't done, but they more or less are. We'll likely see another small signing or two and maybe a small trade. The real slog of winter is here. Before us, only months of waiting, and an absolutely miserable 2011.