Today I actually got to go see the Royals play and it was pretty bad. Well let's just start with what was good in my eyes:
- Dyson was impressive in center. He ran two balls down that I was for sure would drop for at least doubles.
- Tejeda had control today and it showed with his results. If he can throw strikes, he should end up starting.
- Aviles made a great play at 2nd, catch and throw.
- Podsednik miss played a ball bad, took 2-3 steps in and then had to run back and barely missed it. No error given, but he messed up bad.
- Davies was horrible. Walk 3 people, all scored. The defense behind him was bad, but these three runs were all on his shoulders.
- Yuni has no range at all. Two balls went by him just a couple of steps away. Once he did get to one, he made a horrible throw to 2nd. He is fatter than Billy. He is carrying around a good extra 20 lbs.
- Yuni has no plate discipline. 2-0 count and he swings at a ball at his ankles and hits a dribbler back to the pitcher. I can see why the pitcher threw 2 balls previously, eventually Yuni is going to swing at one.
- DeJesus in RF is going to be ugly, he has such a noodle from an arm. It's not as bad as Damon's, but getting there.
- I had to look this up after seeing the double steal and one more by the A's. Royals 5SB/5CS Opponents: 13SB/0CS. I have an idea what some catcher should be working on the rest of spring training.
Myself and my brother enjoying the sun.
Kila at first and Aviles at first. I was wanting to get a picture of how fat Yuni is now. I will try for one tomorrow.
Fan watching was great. Gotta love flames on your sunglasses. I think my son may like a pair of those.
There was plenty of eye candy also. WARNING - THIS DOES NOT MARK THE END OF THE THREAD
Also, gotta love Surprise where you can take your golf cart to Safeway.