I just got back from watching the minor leaguers play a couple of games. We are leaving at 6:00am tomorrow and have the game tonight, so I am doing a midday update and one tonight.
- Mejia crushed the ball during BP. Clint Robinson and him seem to be the biggest two players on the team
- Moose took some fielding at 2B, but played 3B in the game. He made a nice grab at 3B in the game
- Minor leagues are bunting and stealing like crazy. Don't know if it was what they were to work on today, but it seemed a little obsessive.
- Theiot seems to have a nice arm at C. Was getting about 1/2 of people stealing
- Dimensions of the minor league practice parks are 320-365-400-365-320
- Games were played on pitch counts. I saw anywhere from 2 to 5 outs per inning.
- Myer had a nice two bagger.
Pictures and videos after the jump
Mexican place off Bell Ave with good and cheap burritos. The Machaca ones were outstanding.
I am looking out of one of Dayton's ninja holes
Hosmer fielding at 1st
Moose on deck
Busby and Mayberry. Leonard was around also
Disco and me.
Hayenga - nice play at the plate by Myers after a bad throw earlier in the at bat.
Moose - end of it is not appropriate for work.