As much as it would be nice to blame Tejeda and his inconsitency for costing the team the game. I totally blame on our highly touted 3-4-5 hitters in the 7th inning. The inning's first 3 at bats were great.
- Alcides Escobar singled to third (Grounder).
- Chris Getz reached on a sacrifice with error to pitcher (Bunt Grounder). Alcides Escobar advanced to 3B on error. Chris Getz advanced to 2B. Error by Brian Duensing.
- Melky Cabrera singled to shortstop (Grounder). Alcides Escobar scored. Chris Getz advanced to 3B.
No outs, men on 1st and 3rd with the heart of the Royals lineup due up and then this happened:
- Alex Gordon struck out swinging.
- Billy Butler flied out to second (Fly).
- Jeff Francoeur struck out looking.
If a team expects to win, it has to at least get one run out of that situation. That inning must have taken a lot out of the Royals as they never had a base runner after that inning.
Game on MLB network tomorrow.