- The Royals scored three of their four runs in the fifth inning, all with two outs. Singles by Jeff Francoeur, Mike Moustakas and Brayan Pena drove in Alex Gordon, Billy Butler and Frenchy. Eric Hosmer grounded into a double play with the bases loaded and no outs to score the other run.
- Gordon, Butler, Moustakas and Pena each had multi-hit games. The team went 4-13 with RISP, but did leave nine men on base.
- Luis Mendoza tossed five uneventful innings, only giving up one run, before loading the bases with no outs in the sixth. Tim Collins replaced Mendoza, getting out of the jam while only allowing one run to score.
- Collins pitched the seventh and Aaron Crow pitched the eighth, each allowing baserunners but neither gave up any runs. Jonathon Broxton allowed two runners to reach base in the ninth, but escaped the inning unscathed.
- The Royals announced today that Everett Teaford will start tomorrow against the Minnesota Twins. Bob Dutton is reporting that the Royals are just being cautious with Danny Duffy, who experienced minor elbow tightness following his last start. Hopefully Duffy can make his next start, but his injury is something to monitor.